Get Rid Of Seasonal Allergies Today
With spring comes blooming flowers, blue skies, and yes seasonal allergies. With that comes sneezing, congestion, and the usual runny nose. Sometimes it even has you wondering if you’re actually sick. Seasonal allergies are just allergy symptoms that occur during specific times of the year when weeds release tiny pollen particles into the air.
So what really causes seasonal allergies in people? Whenever there is someone that is allergic to mold spores or pollen, their immune system treats these particles as invaders. Because of this, chemicals are released into the bloodstream to fight off the invaders. This is what causes the symptoms. What makes this so difficult is that there are people who can be allergic to one or more types of pollen or mold. It’s important for you to know when the highest count of pollen will be in your region.
Before the allergies even hit, it’s important that you reduce your exposure to triggers. This can help make sure you avoid the struggles of seasonal allergies, or reduce some of the symptoms. According to MayoClinic, to reduce exposure to your triggers make sure you:
- When it’s dry and windy, stay inside! This is when pollen is at an all time high. The wind will be blowing it around, making it a hazard. A good time to go outside would be after some rain has hit. The moisture will have washed away the pollen.
- After stepping outside make sure you clean yourself. Put those clothes to wash and step in the shower to rinse away any of the pollen that may have gotten in your hair or skin.
- Chores are inevitable so wear a pollen mask when you step outside. This will reduce the amount of pollen that you inhale.
When the allergies hit, it may seem like they’re never going to end. Luckily, there are some home remedies that can help you decrease the symptoms that you may be experiencing:
- Cleanse Your Nose- one of the biggest symptoms is a runny and stuffy nose. This can bring on headaches and make you feel much worse. It’s very important to be able to clean your nose so that you’re able to breathe
- Manage Stress- It’s no secret that stress can weaken the body. You should try to manage the amount of stress you’re allowing as well as learning different methods to allow your body to relax.
- Apple Cider Vinegar- This may seem like something that others can find out of the ordinary. Apple cider vinegar is used to boost the immune system, break up mucus, and even support lymphatic
- Clean the House- making sure that you are regularly ridding the house of anything that can trigger allergies is very important. You don’t want to get home and not be able to escape the spring effects.
We know that allergies can be a big burden for a lot of people. It can give you the symptoms of the flu but constantly. That is why we offer the Myers Cocktail. This IV Cocktail includes many vitamins and minerals like Magnesium, Calcium, and Vitamin C that have been found to be effective in fighting seasonal allergies.
Make sure to give us a call to book an appointment today!
Mayo Clinic Staff. “Seasonal Allergies: Nip Them In The Bud.” MayoClinic, 16 April 2020, https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hay-fever/in-depth/seasonal-allergies/art-20048343.