It’s the morning after a night out with your friends and you’re starting to feel the lingering effects of all the alcohol. As soon as the sunlight hits your eyes you immediately know what’s going on. You have a hangover. While alcohol is the number one culprit behind this. What a lot of people may not know is that there can also be many other facts MIXED with alcohol that makes you feel so unpleasant.
A hangover is basically just a name that we put to some unpleasant signs of going a bit overboard with the drinking. A lot of the time it depends on how your body works. There are people that can drink just one glass and will feel heavy effects. There are others who can drink all night long and completely avoid it the next day. This is why there are so many factors to a hangover than just the alcohol you consume.
While alcohol may be a trigger for a plethora of things to happen, watch out for some of these causes:
- The alcohol in your body will cause you to produce more urine, in turn leading to dehydration.
- Alcohol can cause your blood sugar to fall. This is when fatigue will set in along with mood disturbances.
- This is a big one because it seems to be a big factor in hangovers. According to Mayo Clinic, alcohol will cause your blood vessels to expand which leads to headaches.
- While this one is a contradiction in itself, it is so true. Alcohol makes you sleepy but causes sleep disturbances. You’ll see that it’s harder to have a full night’s rest after a night of drinking.
Now, this is what you’ve probably been waiting for. How do you prevent said hangovers from occurring? This isn’t a fool safe plan but it can help alleviate some of the symptoms. This way, it won’t feel like the world is against you in the morning.
- Before going out make sure that you eat! We all know that drinking on an empty stomach, more often than not, will not help you. Another trick is to eat while drinking. This will help absorb some of the alcohol in your stomach.
- Sipping some water in between drinks will keep you more hydrated and won’t let the alcohol dry you up like a raisin.
- Knowing your limit is a very important point. While it may be fun to go rouge every once in a while, knowing how your body reacts to the alcohol is a very important tip to avoiding bad hangovers.
One more tip that you may not know about is an intravenous hangover cure. This is where fluids are injected into your bloodstream to counteract the effects of a hangover. They will help make you feel like a new person.
At the IV Lounge we have an After Party Cocktail that will completely erase the effects of being over served. It has a blend of vitamins and antioxidants that are put together for that reason specifically. Make sure to visit us so that we can make sure the effects of last night don’t linger all day.
Mayo Clinic Staff. Mayo Clinic, 16 December 2017, https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hangovers/symptoms-causes/syc-20373012.