NAD+ IV Therapy: Is This the Secret to Anti-Aging?
NAD+ is a coenzyme that plays an important role in cellular function. It’s found throughout the body and helps to regulate metabolism, DNA repair, and cell energy. NAD+ levels peak during our 20s and then decrease with age. Low levels of this coenzyme are associated with several chronic diseases including heart disease, cancer, Alzheimer’s disease and diabetes among others (1). The good news is that we can NAD+ can be easily supplemented with IV therapy.
NAD+ IV Therapy, although not FDA approved, is a promising treatment for improving energy and overall wellness especially in the aging process. NAD+ IV Therapy also has the potential to promote healthy skin cells to maintain a “youthful” glow.
What is NAD+?
NAD+ is one of the most important molecules in the body. NAD+ is made in every cell of your body and is used by enzymes to assist in converting food into energy. If you don’t get enough NAD+, your cells will decline in health, which can lead to various ailments It is essential for many functions, including DNA repair, cell metabolism and energy production. With age, NAD+ levels decline—a process known as “gene silencing.” This can lead to common chronic health problems that occur later in life such as heart disease.
Supplementing with NAD+ can be a preventative act for these reasons!
What Benefits Can I Expect from NAD+ IV Injection Therapy?
- Enhanced energy.
- More restful sleep.
- Mental clarity and productivity.
- Reduced anxiety and tension.
- Shortened muscle recovery after exercise.
- Improvements in skin health and skin resilience.
What causes NAD+ to decline with age?
NAD+ levels can be depleted by stress, alcohol consumption and smoking. In fact, one study found that people who drink as little as two alcoholic drinks per day have lower levels of NAD+ (2). Levels of NAD+ can also be impacted by nutritional deficiencies and obesity, so eating a nutritional diet in combination with supplementation is an ideal way to mitigate these risks.
So, is NAD+ IV Injection Therapy the secret to anti-aging? Well, it’s not exactly a secret. The discussion surrounding NAD+ has been growing for years, and with good reason: we know that NAD+ plays several critical roles in health, but there’s still plenty of room for further research in investigating this treatment as a medicine. In the meantime, if you are looking for something new that may help improve your quality of life or slow down aging then NAD+ IV Injection Therapy may be worth considering!
- Zhang M, Ying W. NAD+ Deficiency Is a Common Central Pathological Factor of a Number of Diseases and Aging: Mechanisms and Therapeutic Implications. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2019 Feb 20;30(6):890-905. doi: 10.1089/ars.2017.7445. Epub 2018 Feb 7. PMID: 29295624.
- McElfresh KC, McDonald JF. The effect of alcohol stress on nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) levels in Drosophila. Biochem Genet. 1983 Apr;21(3-4):365-74. doi: 10.1007/BF00499145. PMID: 6407471.